Products and Programs
At HarborOne Mortgage, our goal is to provide timely, accurate information to help you find the ideal mortgage. Our team is here to listen to your questions and craft solutions that meet your short and long term financial goals.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
This is the most popular option for homeowners. As the name suggests, the interest rate on the mortgage is fixed for the life of the loan.
- Rate is guaranteed. You are protected in a rising rate environment.
- No increases in P&I payment over the life of the loan. Get comfortable with payment over time.
- Lower payment options exist with non-fixed rate products.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
ARMs have played a significant roll in the expansion of homeownership across America. By offering lower initial payments, buyers find they can afford more home with an ARM.
- Lower rates than fixed rate products. This equates to lower monthly payments in the early years of the mortgage.
- You may qualify for a larger loan amount which expands the inventory of affordable homes.
- If rates drop, your ARM could adjust downward resulting in lower payments.
- There is risk with adjustable features such as rate caps, index, and margin.
- Potential rate increases in the future. ARM rates can adjust at predetermined intervals. Failure to plan for this can lead to payment shock.
- Lifetime caps are typically as high as 5% or 6% over the initial interest rate. Analyze your situation and how that could impact your finances.
Jumbo mortgages are loans that exceed the allowable loan limits set by the FHFA (Federal Housing Finance Agency). Currently, the maximum “conforming” loan amount is $548,250 in most areas. Certain markets in our lending area qualify for a temporary increase in the conforming loan limit a/k/a conforming jumbo…ask your loan officer for details.
An FHA loan is a mortgage loan insured by the Federal Housing Administration. FHA loans allow for enhanced credit features and lower down payment, making it an affordable option. Down payment may be in the form of a gift.
Qualified individuals are eligible for 100% financing thanks to the Loan Guaranty program from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. HOME is proud to service our military homebuyers.
Rural Housing Mortgages
Insured by USDA, this 100% financing program is available in areas designated 'rural'. Rural housing has enhanced credit features with no out of pocket funds required. This product has income and geographical restrictions.
State Housing Programs
Many states offer an affordable housing program. HOME has been an advocate of these programs and participates in providing this financing. State Housing Programs are typically geared towards first time homebuyers (defined as applicants who have not owned a home in the past three years). Certain target markets have more flexible parameters.
HOME offers a wide variety of other mortgage programs including:
- FHA 203K Limited Repair Program
- FHA 203K Full Repair Program
- Fannie Mae RefiNow
- Construction Loans - Purchase or Refinance
- Seasonal Second Homes
- VA IRRRLs
- FHA Streamlines
- Non-Warrantable Condominiums